Mens & Womens Health (Pelvic Floor)
Women's and men's health specialist physiotherapy involves addressing specific musculoskeletal or pelvic health issues that are more commonly associated with each gender. The goal is to improve function, reduce pain, enhance mobility, and improve the overall quality of life for individuals seeking treatment in these specialised areas.
Women's Health Physiotherapy typically involves:
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation for conditions such as: urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic pain, and sexual dysfunction.
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Care: helping women during and after pregnancy with issues such as back pain, pelvic girdle pain, diastasis recti, and pelvic floor weakness.
- Pre and Post-Gynecological Surgery: providing rehabilitation and exercises to aid recovery after gynecological surgeries, including cancer rehabilitation & hysterectomy.
- Menstrual and Pelvic Pain: Assists in managing pain related to menstruation or chronic pelvic pain conditions like endometriosis.
For Men's Health Physiotherapy:
- Pelvic Health: Treating issues such as pelvic pain, post-prostatectomy rehabilitation, urinary incontinence, and erectile dysfunction.
- Sports-related Injuries: Specifically focuses on injuries common to men involved in sports activities.
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation: Assists in recovery following surgeries such as hernia repairs or orthopedic procedures.